Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Denver Trip

It's been way too long since I updated our blog! Back in April Isabella and I took a trip to Denver and had so much fun! We both came home exhausted and missing everyone we had to leave behind. I love the times that I get to go back to Denver. The last time I was out there was when I was pregnant with Isabella. Going back with her at 18 months was so fun!

We flew out of Salt Lake and before we went I was slightly nervous about flying with a toddler by myself but Isabella surprised me and did great! She didn't mind having to go through security, waiting for our plane, or flying. When we took off she just kept saying "wee" over and over. While in the air, Isabella entertained herself by coloring and playing with stickers. She was such a trooper while we traveled and I'm so glad so wasn't the annoying kid on the plane that everyone had to put up with.

Here are some pictures of us waiting in the Salt Lake airport for our plane to board...




Once we landed my dad meet us at our gate. It was nice to see someone I knew waiting for us to get off the plane, that had never happened to me before. Once we got our baggage and met my stepmom with the car, it was time for the real fun to start! We had spent the first part of our trip with my dad and stepmom and loved every second! The day we got in we went to PF Changs for lunch, took a much needed nap for Bella and mommy, and had some girl time with a Scentsy party. During the Scentsy party, Isabella happily enjoying some veggies! For those who know Isabella, know that she doesn't eat anything easily especially if it is good for her. I was one happy mommy!

For our first full day with grandpa and grandma Sheri, we went shopping! Isabella got some new shoes and super cute clothes. The highlight of my shopping day was my new coach purse! I've always wanted one and got it for a steal! Thanks dad and Sheri for spoiling us :)

The next day we went to the Wildlife Museum, got a mani/pedi with my stepmom, and went to the White Fence Farm for  dinner. Isabella loved the animal statues and stuffed animals and the wildlife museum. She even enjoyed the 3D Reef movie with the fish. She would take her glasses off when the fish weren't on screen and then put them back on to see the fish. Here are some pictures from the Wildlife Museum...








My brother, Robert, his cute fiancee, Jessica, and her boy, Jeremiah, were able to come with us to White Fence Farm. It was great to spend time with them! I didn't meet Jessica until my trip and I am so happy that she's joining the family! She is the prefect match for Robert. When we got to White Fence Farm, we saw the animals first and feed the goats. Isabella loved looking at the animals but wasn't too sure about feeding them.




Once we were done playing with the animals it was time to eat. They serve homestyle cooking and it is way good! I loved going to dinner with my brother and his family. Here are some pictures of us "kids" after dinner...






As if we didn't do enough already, the next day we went to the zoo and the Melting Pot for dinner. I don't know if you've noticed but Isabella loves animals so of course she loved the zoo. She also loved riding the train and carousel. Here are some pictures of our trip to the zoo...
Isabella loves her "Meows"

Isabella and Grandpa have the same expression!







And on our way to the Melting Pot, Isabella was really tired and slap happy.


After a long day and week, Isabella crashed in the car after dinner and didn't wake up until the next day! Isabella and I had so much fun with grandpa and grandma Sheri! It was great to spend time with them and sad to say goodbye. We finished out the rest of our trip at my mom's house and had so much fun with her too!

When we got there we went to lunch at Chili's with a couple of my friends, Chloe and Vicki. After that grandma took Isabella to Toys r Us because she doesn't have enough toys or wasn't spoiled enough already. Isabella found a purse with Belle on it and fell in love with it. She picked it up and put it on her shoulder and was walking all over the store with it. Of course we had to buy that. She still walks around the house with it on her shoulder. Once in awhile you'll catch her with a purse on one shoulder and a cell phone in the other. I have no idea where she picked that up from ;). 

On Sunday we took some family pictures after church. Not too fancy but turned out so cute! (you can see the Belle purse mentioned above in the pictures).

3 generations of girls!
One day we went to the Butterfly Pavilion and watched all the butterflies fly around our head. My brother, Spencer, was able to ditch school and come with us too! Here are some pictures of the Butterfly Pavilion...






Not very happy with a butterfly on her










We went to various different malls with my mom and friends and probably bought way too much stuff through out the week. But, it is what girls do best! Isabella liked playing with the "rides" at the mall.





We had fun spending time with grandma, Spencer, Roger, Lia, Rosa, Kali, Rachel, and Lizzy. It was great to see everyone and sad that we didn't have enough time to see everyone. 

The trip back from Denver ending up taking longer than I thought it would. We got back to Salt Lake and waited for my lost suit case. It didn't get on my plane and no one knew where it was. At first I wasn't sure what to do. I wanted to get home, which was still 4 hours away, but I didn't want to go without my suit case. I debated about staying the night at my Uncle and Aunt's house but I knew Craig was anxiously waiting for us to get home. So I decided to wait for a few hours to see if my luggage showed up. Luckily it was on the next flight so I didn't have to wait too long. I even received a travel voucher for my trouble! Awesome! We got home about the time that Craig was getting home from work. Isabella was really shy with daddy at first but warmed up to him really fast and was happy to be back with daddy.

Isabella and I had so much in Denver and got really spoiled through out the week. We miss everyone and can't wait until our next trip!

No comments: