We were finally able to move into our house the following Saturday, January 5th. Moving could not have been any more stressful and most of it, with our apartment our of the way, was already done. We got in and nothing, I mean NOTHING, was cleaned before hand and it was so dirty and gross. Just to give you a picture of how nasty it was there was mold in the freezer (which my wonderful in-laws cleaned for me), mice were nesting in our stove (which our landlord quickly got replaced), and inches of dust on just about everything. Well to top that off, I walked in the bathroom and noticed that the toilet was in the bathtub. Not only did we have to wait an extra week to move in but it wasn't even ready for us when we got in. Luckily, someone came that day to put the toilet back on and installed our washer/dryer for us too. We were having to clean everything as we were unpacking and it was taking forever to get settled. On Sunday Isabella and I got sick so we ended up not going to church and unpacked as much as we could throughout the day. Well who should show at our door that day but the relief society president. She was looking for someone else but found us instead. She very kindly welcomed us, gave us some cookies, and asked if we needed help. I told her that help cleaning would be great. She came over the next morning and helped me clean and unpack my kitchen for a little bit. I am so glad that she was willing to help out. Well that night as I was getting Isabella to bed I heard a knock on the door. It was an older couple from our ward welcoming us as new neighbors with some cookies. She also offered to help me clean the next day. How awesome! Well after they left I tired to finish putting Isabella to bed and heard another knock on the door. It was two people from the elders quorum also welcoming us to ward and neighborhood. One of them offered to come the next day with some of his kids to help us clean. Wow! So the next morning I was expecting just one lady to come and help me but she showed up with about 4 other people! That morning with the 6 of us cleaning we got most of the house clean. Once everyone left Isabella and I were tired from cleaning and still being sick so we took a nap. My intention was to call the guy from the elders quorum after our nap and tell him to not come since most of our house was now clean. Well him and 3 of his kids came early while we were napping. I told them what all was left and they finished it up for us. Our ward is so awesome! I can't believe how willing everyone was to help us move in and clean our dirty, nasty house. I am so grateful for everyone who came and welcomed us and helped out. I would still be cleaning and unpacking if it wasn't for my awesome ward members. So there you have it. The nightmare of us moving and the generosity of our neighbors coming together to make our moving story. And now here are pictures of our house!
Living room:
Kitchen: (how cute are my cupboards!!)
Bathroom/ Hallway:
Isabella's Room:
Master Bedroom:




No comments:
Post a Comment