Craig and I have been married for almost 5 years and it seems like every year since then we start some random new journey. In 2008, we moved to West Yellowstone for the summer and moved to Sugar City once summer was over. In 2009 and 2010, we both graduated from college. In 2011, we moved to Lyman, Craig worked his last summer at the Diamond P ranch, we moved to Idaho Falls, and had a baby. Is it just me or do most of our adventures involve us having to move some where?! Well, now it's 2012 and time for another adventure.
Part one of our new adventure is Craig getting a new job. Craig has been at Winger's since 2008 and it has been a good job and paid the bills for many years. Unfortunately, since our circumstance have changed over the years we basically outgrew what the job could provide for us. It's sad to leave but it's time for a change. Craig will have his last day at Winger's tomorrow and starts his new job at Schwan's on Monday. That's right, Craig will be a Schwan's delivery man. Not the fanciest job but it is sufficient for our needs right now while we cut back on debts and while Craig decides what he wants to go back to school for. The best part about getting this job is finally having benefits (although with Obamacare coming into play the benefits will most likely not be as great as they are now since business will have to cut back to afford it... thank you to those who voted for this! Sorry for the side note and it's off my chest now). I am really excited to put some of the benefits to use. Craig and I really need to see a dentist and Craig needs to get new glasses/contacts. Craig's base pay at Schwan's will be more than he's making now plus he will get some commission's on top of that. The only downside to this job is the long days/hours. Craig will be gone M-F from 9 am to 9 pm. But, he will have weekends off! Which never, never, ever happens now. We're hoping this job will be great and everything we hope for!
Part two of our new adventure is moving to Blackfoot. The Schwan's depot for Eastern Idaho is in Blackfoot and we thought about staying where we are since it is only 30 minutes away. But, Craig will be driving 12 hours a day and the last thing he wanted to do was commute to and from work. So, we're moving to within 10 minutes from his work. We found a cute, little farm house in the country of Blackfoot. It's 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom with a mud room, dining room, storage room, living room, and kitchen. It has a fireplace, hard wood floors through out except for title in the mud room and carpet in the bedrooms. The house sits on about a 1/2 acre and has a firepit in the yard. In the summer I am planning on putting in a garden, which will be fun. I went and looked at it last Saturday and fell in love with it. The landlord lives in Colorado and she's so awesome! We're moving in on December 29th. The house may not be perfect but it is exactly what we want and need right now. Also, we are allowed to have Jack and will have a washer and dryer too! Both of these were huge, huge, HUGE pluses! Most of the places we looked at moving in to, both in Blackfoot and Idaho Falls, would either have hookups or allow pets but not both. I knew with Craig working all day, everyday that he wouldn't be around to help with the laundry and it is quite the task to bring all of our laundry and Isabella to a laundry mat. So I wanted somewhere to live with hookups. The downside was the possibility of getting rid of Jack. We got Jack a couple months after we got married and he's been with us through thick and thin. He was our first baby and major part of our lives and family. I feel bad that I haven't given him near the amount of love and attention that he would get before Isabella came along. But, we all love him. Isabella loves Jack so much that "Jack" was her first word. So the thought of having to get rid of our little buddy was sad. We are all so happy that we don't have to face that reality and get to continue to have Jack in our little family. Jack will love living in the country and returning to his "roots". I'll post pictures of the house once we are moved and settled in.
So, ready or not here we go! Off to the start of the next chapter in our lives.
Bucket List #3 | Whale Watching
8 years ago




1 comment:
sounds exciting. I always loved new adventures. For Aaron and I the first 4 years it was every 6 months we moved. haha! Its weird thinking I have lived in this house for 2 years. I understand long days those are hard but having the weekends is a big plus and a helps you survive. And I am so glad you dont have to get rid of Jack!! :) Thanks for sharing the exciting news. I love keeping uptodate on your life though I dont comment a lot!
Jana
Post a Comment