The beginning of November, I went to Denver for the weekend to celebrate my dad turning 50! It was such a crazy, fun, short weekend and I'm so glad that I was able to go and see my family.
The party turned out awesome, and was a complete surprise. Major kudos to my stepmom, Sheri, for pulling it off and making it GREAT! My dad had no idea he was having a party or that I'd be there. His sister, Jeanette, and her daughter, Hilary, also came from Oklahoma. It was so great to see them. I hadn't seen them in YEARS! Elvis also made a surprise visit. It was fun to have Elvis there. We were such a small group (15-20 people) and he had fun playing with the crowd. It was so fun watching everyone get up and dance with Elvis.
Pictures from the Party:
 |
Family at the party Top- Jessica, Hilary, Jeanette, Sheri Bottom- Robert, Dad, Me, Jerimiah |
 |
| BEST CAKE EVER!! Seriously, it was delicious. |
 |
| Dad with Elvis |
 |
| ELVIS!!! |
 |
| Elvis singing to the baby. |
 |
| Party with Elvis! |
 |
| Guitar baby belly |
Dad's party was Friday night and on Saturday I went shopping and to the Cheesecake Factory with my mom. We had a blast just walking the mall and looking for baby stuff. We stopped at the Disney store and bought Bella some Minnie clothes. She got a new Minnie winter coat, slippers, and outfit. Isabella loves wearing her slippers everyday because her piggy's don't get cold. I found some sweats at Victoria's to wear home from the hospital. We also found some cute things for baby Denver (yes, we're naming our soon-to-be-born son Denver). After looking all over the mall for baby boy things, I have to say that the girl stuff is way cuter and there is way more of it! I had so much fun with my mom and was sad to have to say goodbye.
 |
| Grandma with Isabella's presents |
 |
| I love my mom! |
Saturday night, I went to the White Fence Farm for dinner (I'm pretty sure this is turning into our tradition) with my dad and stepmom (and all the other family members who came out for the party). We always have such a good time going to White Fence Farm and enjoy the food!
And on Sunday morning, I flew back home.
Isabella and Craig had a fun daddy/daughter weekend at home. The highlights of their weekend were going to Calvin's (our nephew) baptism and Yellowstone with some of Craig's family.
 |
| Craig and Bella in Yellowstone |
 |
| The Yellowstone crowd |
I was so great to go to Denver for the weekend and had so much fun! It was also nice to go home to Craig and Isabella after being gone for a weekend. I'm pretty sure they were also both happy to have me home too.
No comments:
Post a Comment