I have been a mom for a little over 2 weeks now and I am still getting used to the adjustment. Luckily, I have a really good baby who isn't really fussy and still sleeps a lot. Before I became a mom I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Now, my life and everything I do revolves around Isabella and what Isabella wants/needs. And, it is wonderful! I absolutely love being a mom! Sure most days I might not get a chance to shower or brush my teeth until 4 'o clock in the afternoon or later (gross, I know!) but I have never felt more fulfilled and complete as do being Isabella's mom. Some days I might complain that Isabella wants to eat every hour and that makes it so I can't clean my house but I look at my little girl and forget all about the dirty dishes in the sink because Isabella and her needs are more important to me than chores (don't worry my house isn't a complete disaster, I do get around to cleaning it here and there). At the end of the day I might be exhausted from using all of my energy all day to care for Isabella (and trying to care for myself, Craig, Jack, and house) but it is all worth it. Isabella is only a baby for so long and I know that as she grows up I will miss having her so small. I love taking time each day to just enjoy having her here because we had hoped and prayed for her for so long. Being a mom is the greatest gift I have been given in my life and I am trying to enjoy every moment and not take it for granted.
Bucket List #3 | Whale Watching
8 years ago




2 comments:
Awww... How sweet she is. Don't worry about it one bit. The dishes will always be there (well at least they will be there again in an hour or two even when they are gone ;) ) But you got it RIGHT on. They are only so small for so short, and snuggle all day long. Then they are MOBILE and get into EVERYTHING and only snuggle a sometimes. Then they turn into almost 3 year old daddy's boys (or in your case girl) and snuggle almost never. So eat it up and enjoy every second of it.
Also I am so taking revenge on them when they are teenagers and suddenly realize sleeping in on saturdays is fun. No way up at 7am, just like old times :D
So cute! My house was a complete disaster for about the first 6 weeks, I'm not ashamed. :) It definitely gets easier - and even more fun! So happy for you guys.
Post a Comment